March 24th, 2020
To the members of our St. Andrew’s Chalmers Church family:
We hope you and your family are in good health and remain so. This letter will bring you up to date on our situation at St. Andrew’s-Chalmers. The events of the last few weeks have created a heightened level of anxiety for everyone – about jobs, about health, about relationships with family and friends and about making ends meet. Organizations of all sorts are facing decisions on how to adapt to these changing conditions.
Churches are among them. And, like other organizations, a major area of concern is how to make ends meet. Put bluntly, how to maintain a flow of funds to pay expenses. Finances are always an issue, but with no worship services and no offering, this issue has become more pressing.
A group under the leadership of Rev. Sean has identified ways in which we can all help our financial position.
- We have revised our annual Budget by finding a number of areas to reduce and postpone – hopefully on a temporary basis.
- We urge you to maintain your monthly support of the church during the period when we are unable to hold worship services. Here are some ways to do this:
– by E transfer. Please call the church 905-852-6262, if you need help.
– by mailing a cheque to the church at 40B Toronto St. W., Uxbridge, ON L9P1G9
– by dropping a cheque at the church (Tuesday 9-10 or Friday 11-12)
– by becoming part of the very effective Pre-Authorized Remittance (PAR) program. We use pre-authorized arrangements for convenient payment of taxes, utilities, etc. and you can support your church with the same convenience. A sign-up form is attached.
Please make a decision to join with other members of our congregation to help St. Andrew’s-Chalmers maintain our strong presence in the Uxbridge community. God is ready, anxious and willing to help us but we must take the first step.
Blessings, stay safe and good health to all.
Rev. Sean Astop, John Beattie, Betty Bingham, John McCutcheon, Ian Newton and David Phillips
Phone Number 905-852-6262