Receipts for 2019 are available and can be picked up at the back of the Church on the right hand side.
Rev. Sean will begin a new Lent Study. We will pray together, meditate upon God’s Word, pray and share spiritual practices. Sean is thinking of starting the week of March 1st. Would you prefer the morning or the evening?
Our church sisters always have fun being “Secret Sisters” throughout the year. As we start 2020, we will be at it again effective February 25 and everyone is invited to participate. Information sheets are available at the back of the church and downstairs in St. Andrew’s Hall. Join in the fun and fill out the questionnaire to return to Bonnie Boyd as soon as possible. In order to organize the “secret names” we need your responses by February 16.
YOUTH & OUTREACH COORDINATOR POSITION
This is a new position for St. Andrew’s-Chalmers Presbyterian Church. The position requires someone with enthusiasm and initiative to work directly with youth and with the congregation to build relationships with Youth.
The successful candidate will work closely with the minister/pastor, and be accountable directly to the Session (Leadership Team). The successful candidate will meet regularly with the Session and congregation for feedback, suggestions and encouragement.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Coordinate/run a program for youth (for ages 9-15) on Sunday mornings (Video, discussion, activities), coordinate a family-based Youth Ministry (helping adults mentor youth) See Mark DeVries book
- In partnership with the minister facilitate an engaging intergenerational worship service (once a month) with youth participating in readings, offering, music, and other aspects of the service.
- Promote and execute a youth group with other leaders (1 gatherings and/or events per month)
- Work with a team of volunteers to outreach to youth and families in the community (monthly Messy Church program, https://www.messychurch.org.uk/what-messy-church-and-isnt)
- Attend Sunday service regularly (2-3 Sunday’s min.) in order to develop closer relationships with the youth, families and the congregation
The successful candidate will:
- Exhibit a deep sense of Christian faith including a passion and commitment to participate in Christ’s Mission, teach from the Bible and have an understanding of the theology and ethos of The Presbyterian Church in Canada
- Demonstrate experience building relationships within the church, preferably in a leadership role working with youth and volunteers
- Possess strong relational, leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Demonstrate initiative, innovation and a positive attitude along with a passion/experience for developing new gatherings of people
- Be required to work 20 hours per week in the congregation, incl. Sunday morning worship
- Provide an acceptable Vulnerable Sector Screening Check.
- Some theological education or courses would be an asset
The remuneration for this contract position is $20,000 per annum. (Deductions for income tax, CPP and Employment Insurance will be deducted at source as required by law). $5000 Budget.
SAVE THE DATE – Our annual Pancake Supper hosted by St. Andrew’s-Chalmers will be held on February 25th at 5:30 pm here in the Hall. Everyone welcome.
Are you interested in teaching or assisting with our Christian Education Program and especially Sunday School? If so, there will be a short meeting immediately following the morning worship service on Sunday February 9, 2020.
On January 19, 2020, a new adult study will begin. This is a seven week study on the Book of Colossians. Please join us in the south meeting room beginning on January 19th.
The Worship Committee is seeking volunteers from the congregation, one person to play piano, and one person to do devotion for the monthly services at Douglas Crossing every third Sunday of the month at 7 pm.
Please see sign-up sheet in Hall.
Consider giving your offering through the Pre-Authorized Remittance Program. This is a convenient and effective way to give faithfully, in a consistent manner, as you have determined. If interested, please pick up a P.A.R. brochure from the table at the back of the Church.