We will try to have a better understanding of various faith groups that are present in our society. Beginning on October 30th for five weeks, you are invited to a study called “Christianity and World Religions.” This is a DVD study and discussion hosted by Adam Hamilton published by Abingdon Press. We will begin at 7:00 PM in the south meeting room.
Sunday October 27th
It is that time of year for us to come together in community to prepare and serve delicious food and warm smiles to our friends at Evangel Hall. Please see the Sign-up sheets in the hall.
The Ladies will be meeting on Tues. Oct 15 th in the Ladies Parlour at 7:30 pm. The Ladies will be putting together baskets for Basketeers. Basketeers provides laundry baskets full of items to help a woman, leaving a shelter, start out on her own. There are 6 different Baskets: Beauty and the Bath, Sweet Dreams, Coffee Time, Dress for Success, Kitchen and Mix it Up (which can contain a mix from the other baskets). Ladies, in lieu of offering, please bring items for Mix It Up Baskets. The Ladies put together 5 baskets for Basketeers last year with help from the congregation. This year lets try for 6 baskets! There will be a laundry basket in St Andrew’s Hall for any items provided by the congregation. All Ladies are welcome to join the Fun for All and All for Fun.
Thank you to everyone for the tremendous response to our Winter Coat Drive. We have taken a very large number of bags of coats, hats, scarves, gloves and boots to Evangel Hall.
An anonymous donor graciously provided funds to purchase Mens winter coats. With this donation will will be able to purchase 26 of the coats, pictured above. The coats will be available in mid November and will be delivered to Evangel Hall.
MANNA DAY at Crieff Hills Retreat Centre. Thursday, October 31st from 10:30 am to 3:00 pm. Speaker Michelle O’Rourke is the author of Befriending Death: Henri Nouwen and a Spirituality of Dying (Orbis Books, 2009). Cost $25 (includes lunch) paid at the door. Pre-registration is required on our website www.crieffhills.com or email email@example.com
Help us celebrate our 150th Year Anniversary here at St. Andrew’s-Chalmers Presbyterian Church with special guest minister Rev. Frank Vanderzwan on Sunday November 3rd at 10:30 am.
Sunday, September 22, 2019, 9:00 AM in the South meeting room.
We will finish the study on Exodus, Leviticus and Numbers beginning on September 22nd. On September 22nd we will do lesson 7 and lesson 8 on September 29th.
On October 6 we will start a study on Isaiah. We always welcome new participants to our class.
St. Andrew’s-Chalmers church presents Lost Pilgrims in celebration of our 150th Anniversary on Saturday, November 2nd @ 7:30 pm. Tickets are $15.00 each, and portions of the proceeds will go to the Loaves and Fishes Food Bank. Concert is located at 40B Toronto Street South, Uxbridge. For Tickets and information contact Brenda at 905-852-6262.
COMMUNITY OUTREACH COORDINATOR POSITION
This is a new position for St. Andrew’s-Chalmers Presbyterian Church. The position requires someone with enthusiasm and initiative for working with all ages within the congregation and community. The person in this position will equip teachers to lead an existing program for children and youth, help to develop new outreach opportunities within the community.
The successful candidate will work closely with the minister on a day-to-day basis, and be accountable to the Session through the minister. The successful candidate will meet monthly with a small group that represents the Session and congregation for feedback, suggestions and encouragement.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
• Assist with the spiritual development of children and youth
• Coordinate and encourage teachers and shepherds for the Sunday morning program
• Form a youth group with interested people.
• Work with a group of volunteers to develop “fresh expressions” of the church as we reach out to the surrounding community (ex: Messy Church, Coffee House, Community Discussion groups, New Worshiping Communities)
• Work with others to assist them as they provide fellowship, enrichment, and volunteer opportunities for adults and seniors, especially among those age 55 (e.g. Coffee gathering, games nights, etc.)
• Plan, promote (Social Media), and execute events within and outside the church
• Attend Sunday service regularly in order to develop closer relationships with the congregation
The successful candidate will:
• Exhibit a deep sense of Christian faith including a passion and commitment to participate in Christ’s Mission, teach from the Bible and have an understanding of the theology and ethos of The Presbyterian Church in Canada
• Demonstrate experience in the church, preferably in a leadership role working with volunteers children, youth and adults
• Be able to work in a strong team concept
• Possess strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrate initiative, innovation and a positive attitude along with a passion/experience for developing new gatherings of people
• Possess the ability to work collegially with staff, volunteers, and community
• Be required to work 25 hours per week in the congregation, including Sunday morning worship
• Provide an acceptable Vulnerable Sector Screening Check.
• Some theological education or courses would be an asset
The remuneration for this contract position is $25,000 per annum. (Deductions for income tax, CPP and Employment Insurance will be deducted at source as required by law). 2 weeks Vacation.
Candidates can send their cover letters and resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.